 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1613
Re: problems building crosscompiler with gcc2.95.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:36:29 GMT

Michael Wisse <mwisse@hs-harz.de> writes:

When configuring the gcc cross-compiler, add the option
"--with-newlib". This will do the inhibit libc things. You don't have
to edit the Makefile afterwards.

Thanks, but this was not all.
I had to download newlib and then in gcc-2.95.2/ add the
links:
ln -s ../newlib-1.9.0/newlib newlib
ln -s ../newlib-1.9.0/libgloss libgloss

Then reconfigure with additional option --with-headers and make.

I didn't have to do this. All I downloaded was binutils 2.10.1 and gcc
2.95.2, and followed the instructions in the legOS HOWTO, except for
the difference between egcs and gcc I wrote.

This was on a LinuxPPC, not sure if gcc behaves differently on other
platforms.

Tomas