 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1614
Re: 'make' error with legOS-0.2.4 - request for assistance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:22:49 GMT

I think you need to type "make --unix" when building with Cygwin.  If this fixes
it, you'll want to find out what the environment variable for setting make
defaults is.

David Reynolds wrote:

The kernel is successfully loaded into the RCX and the 'ch7' directory holds
the 'simple.c' source listing along with a copy of the 'Makefile'(all as per
instructions in the book "Extreme Mindstorms" pp151 to 154 incl.)

Running Cygwin B20 and in the DOS window typing    make simple.lx  does not
produce the predicted result of two files  i.e.  simple.c  and  simple.o

Numerous attempts have either produced the error message "No rule to make
target 'simple.lx'.  Stop."  or a file titled "depend."  is generated.

Before posting this request I have also tried to find a solution at LUGNet
but my patience is slowly slipping away.

Many thanks to anyone who is able to offer assistance on this; I'm sure I'm
not the first to struggle with this issue and I won't be the last.

Best wishes  DR