 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1603
1602  |  1604
Subject:
problems building crosscompiler with gcc2.95.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:25:51 GMT

Hallo !

I need C++ support, that's why I want to build a crosscompiler with gcc
instead of older egcs (like discribed in LegOS howto).

I use suse linux 6.4 and downloaded binutils2.10.1 and gcc2.95.2.
Building of binutils2.10.1 worked fine on my system.

I configured gcc for hitachi8300 with one warning:
"*** This configuration is not supported in the following
subdirectories:
     target-libstdc++ target-libio  "
I don't know, if its important, I suppose, it isn't.

I changed the Makefile-line " CFLAGS = -g -O2 -Dinhibit_libc" and tried
to build the cross compiler with
"  make cross LANGUAGES="c c++"  ".

The make process terminates with an error always on the same file:

gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -Dinhibit_libc -I.
-I../../gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/..
/include  ../../gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/cplus-dem.c
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
make[1]: *** [cplus-dem.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mwisse/downloads/build-gcc/libiberty'
make: *** [all-libiberty] Error 2

Has anyone an idea how to prevent this?

Some basic things:
C++ support is a bit confusing. Howto says, that I really need
gcc2.95.2, but I have seen a precompiled Version egcs1.1.2-c++ somewhere
on the links.
LegOs 0.2.4 includes a demo file for c++, what is it compiled with?

Best regards
Michael Wisse

Hochschule Harz
Fachbereich Automatisierung und Informatik
Friedrichstraße 57-59
D-38855 Wernigerode

Telefon: +49(0)3943/659-323
Fax:     +49(0)3943/659-399