 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1483
Re: text location for apps and q?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:04:17 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Luis Villa writes:
in Makefile.user there are BASE1 and BASE2 which point to 0xb000 and 0xb210.
are those address changeable or are they defined by h8/300 platform?

I don't recall for certain, but I think that those are hardware specific.
You could always try changing them to see what happens :) (Anyone who is
more up-to-date on the compiler magic, feel free to correct me.)

when i remove -O from my Makefile the kernel grew bigger, and crossed
0xb000, so i changed it accordingly, and that didn't work.
so i guess there is 16k limitation for kernel and user program.

Unfortunately, there are no docs on the build process. Markus had it all
in his head, and the number of people who understood it completely was
always low. I've tried my best to understand what I can, but my time has
been very limited (my understanding of 0.1.x was much more complete :|

too bad, but there's not much to work on that either.

do you guys thinking of making legos linux like (which it isn't)?

In what way?

that's what i've been doing right now. currently, legos uses conio
which i've used long time ago. so i work on interface like linux has.
like using open() + write() instead of cputs().
right now, i don't have open(), that's because i have to write code
for virtual filesystem first.
i haven't investigate deeper on legos, i'm still figuring out how
to do fork(). what do you think?

i also don't understand why some functions (like cls()) are in the
kernel instead of the libc?
i'll send you diff if you like.

imel