 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1479
Re: SubSumption and Dave Baum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:47:06 GMT

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Ciaran Jessup wrote:
About Extreme Mindstorms (please skip if you don't want to see my
shameless plugs):

Thanks for the info :) Eaagerly awaiting..any idea if they are being
distributed worldwide or just usa side ?

I'd assume that the first targets will be US bookstores, probably Amazon
first ;) But I don't really know. Mainly, I know because they promised to
ship us (the authors) our copies as soon as they are off the presses ;)

I'm trying to get 'Hank the robot' to work...the little guy just won't,

Found problem!!! If I call LCD_refresh , having not changed the screen, it
goes mad!!! Thats as far as I've debugged it...now the code seems to
work!!!Wahey!!

(Is this a common problem, or a side effect of something more insidious in
my code ?! :)

I have never heard of it occuring, but I may give it a go later tonight
and test- to the best of my knowledge, I've never heard done that before.
It may be a function of the new LCD code in 0.2.4, which has been tested
but not horribly extensively.

Luis

    "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the competition anymore.
                       They are our environment."
        WordPerfect manager, talking about Word