 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1477
Re: SubSumption and Dave Baum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:16:49 GMT

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Ciaran Jessup wrote:
I recently purchased Dave Baums ' Unofficial Guide to Lego Mindstorms' (a
good book:), stlil waiting on the extreme one to come out here in the uk
though... :)

About Extreme Mindstorms (please skip if you don't want to see my
shameless plugs):

I have it on good word that it'll be out from the printer's next Monday.
For those of you who haven't seen, I'll shamelessly plug it again:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/tieguyorg
If you are already a legOS guru my portion of the book won't do much for
you, but the Forth and homebrew sensor stuff will probably be of interest
to you if you already spend so much time with your robot as to have become
a legOS guru :)

If you have any questions about my portion of the book, BTW, I'll happily
try to answer them as honestly as I can.

I'm trying to get 'Hank the robot' to work...the little guy just won't, I • <snip snip>
day I'll come back with some far more random    code  to prove that lego
mindstorms can do some promising things <g>...

I have a copy of the book, I'll try to take a look at it later tonight and
see what the problem is. Could you post a copy of your code on the web
(preferably) or to me in an email (so as not to swamp the list with large
attachments) so that I can see the specifics of your attempt to convert
it?

this may be a bit specific, if it is off topic, please email me with a reply
rather than replying in the grroup :)

It's not too offtopic. Not exactly like this is a high traffic list or
anything ;)
Luis

    "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the competition anymore.
                       They are our environment."
        WordPerfect manager, talking about Word