 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1476
1475  |  1477
Subject:
SubSumption and Dave Baum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:54:08 GMT

I recently purchased Dave Baums ' Unofficial Guide to Lego Mindstorms' (a
good book:), stlil waiting on the extreme one to come out here in the uk
though... :)

I'm trying to get 'Hank the robot' to work...the little guy just won't, I
guess that legos has changed somewhat simce 0.0.17 so I think I've worked
around most of the problems ...ie dmotors not direct_motors. (if that makes
sense), but he still doesmn't seem to work!...  I'm pretty certain the
problem is in the seek_enlightenment code, although all attempts to debug
apepar to lead to 'garbled' displays...I assume that more than one task
tries to write to the screne at once or I manage some kind of overflow....
joy!

If anyone out there actually knows what I'm rambling on about, and has had
success with this little bit of code, or someone has a little bit of code to
do some basic sumsuption, I'd be eager to hear from you , I promise that one
day I'll come back with some far more random    code  to prove that lego
mindstorms can do some promising things <g>...

this may be a bit specific, if it is off topic, please email me with a reply
rather than replying in the grroup :)

thanks in advance - Ciaran