 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1069
  Re: Very strange problems

(...) What sort of "issues" are these? Are you referring to the normal issues of multithreading (synchronization, deadlock, etc.), or specific legOS-related problems with it? I have a program that uses a decent amount of multithreading, and I'd hate (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Very strange problems

(...) Just that it is not pre-emptive. If you don't msleep() at the appropriate places in your code, you'll never go back to the scheduler or the other threads. This can come as a surprise, since you'll only notice it when one thread never executes. (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Very strange problems

(...) Ack! I knew that it was cooperative in the 0.1.x series, but I had thought it was preemptive in 0.2.x. Drat. Well, I don't think it's a major problem for me, since I call msleep() religiously, but it's something to look into. Thanks. -- "Our (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Very strange problems

(...) I have not done large-scale "production" work with 0.2.x, really, so I may be vastly incorrect. Ah-hah. The legOS homepage (at least) indicates that you are correct. My fault for scaring people... sorry. Luis ---...--- "Going to California (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Very strange problems

(...) Ah, that's all right, happens to the best of us. :) I'll go back to my happy little preemptive world. -- "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." - William Shakespeare Mike Ash - (URL), (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)