 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1013
  lnptest gives collision errors

I'm trying to use lnpd. First I'm trying to get the test app working o - installed the patch and reloaded the firmware. o - downloaded the rcx version of lnptest with dll (I can't get dllx to work) o - do tke appropriate setserial command o - start (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnptest gives collision errors. Sigh...

(...) I guess there is no hope. I found a long thread here with someone else who had a collision problem . I applied the patch to transmitter.c mentioned in that thread with the same result. I downloaded lnpd.static from arthurdent. Same result. I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Has anyone used lnpd succesfully?

(...) Are there known conditions where lnpd works and doesn't work? Are there versions of LegOS which support it better? Mostly I wish I had at least one report of success that would suggest that there is hope at the end of my tunnel. I cannot do my (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Has anyone used lnpd succesfully?

Yes. I have used it successfully, though not always... In my case it seems to be a problem with the uart 16550A. It does not switch to low lattency mode correctly making the tower blind to the RCX. I circumvented the problem setting the UART type as (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Has anyone used lnpd succesfully?

(...) Of course, but also currently not very available. But i still would like to fix this problem, or at least find the reason. Sporadically, i'm working or better say thinking about an enhanced version of lnpd, but i think this doesn't make much (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)