 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2879 (-10)
  Remotely starting RCX

Hello, As an unexperienced unix programmer it took me 16 hours to download and install LegOS on my XP and make the 'Hello World' message appear on the RCX. (Oh joy!) After another 4 hours I managed to compile my first program. So thinks go slow but (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

This will be quite nice! I would be awesome if we could package a single "install" that would place precompiled GCC and Binutil files on the drive. That way, the user would simply install some cygwin support, then this program, download BrickOS, and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

Could you expand on what you want to do with BrickOS? Something about project files? generating make file? If this has anything to do with having a file anywhere on your hard-drive and having it compile leaving an *.LX file behind, I may be of some (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

So, I recently installed cygwin (again) and the pre-built Hitachi cross compiler (which someone recently posted about here). I installed the latest BrickOS release from SourceForge. Everything in the BrickOS for Windows instructions worked (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: not found

It means u don't have a cat! No :) cat is a utility for concatanating files u need to get that. It would be available from where u downloaded cygwin ----- Original Message ----- From: "Germán Rojas" <ge-rojas@uniandes.edu.co> To: (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  cat: not found

Hello what mean the follow error: (thanks!!) :---...--- Begin Fri Oct 4 11:40:22 2002 ---...---: Fri Oct 4 11:40:22 2002 Source code installation start Fri Oct 4 11:43:07 2002 Source code installation end Fri Oct 4 11:43:08 2002 Binutils (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Liam, What exactly are your errors using cygwin? Post them here. I might take a couple of posts back and forth but I do believe it is possible. I have it running on Windows 98 and I know other have been successful with Windows. What windows OS are (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

I, too, have been at it for three weeks. gcc and bintools build OK under cygwin, but when it gets to the cross-compiler, the whole make process craps out. The compile fails because some of the cross-compiler sources are (complaining about) missing (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  a suggestion for BrickOS

Who would I contact about creating a library of math functions? (sqrt, sin, cos, tan, invsin, invcos, invtan, and ect.) Would they be able to add the library to the standard files in the BrickOS project? Timothy (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Instructions for building DJGPP H8300 cross compiler

Steve Hassenplug <hassenplug@mail.com> wrote in message news:20020930130735....ail.com... (...) Steve, Not yet. As I mentioned at the end of the post I have only gotten so far with the gcc cross compiler. I get several warnings about conflicting (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact