 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *1249 (-10)
  Re: Possible bug with bss allocation

"Eddie C. Dost" <ecd@skynet.be> wrote in message news:200007222049.WA...set.net... (...) trivial, (...) In my opinion this is a great idea! :-) Please do the implementation! It also could be very usefull to have some docs / makefile options to make (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: light sensor problem?

(...) Having fixed the other screwup, I can report that snipping the code I discussed earlier allows everything to build just fine. It doesn't, however, solve the issue with the light sensors. I also tried swapping the two lines I mentioned earlier: (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: semi, sort of, not quite but almost 0.2.4

Slight problem with lcd.c that would have prevented a clean build has been fixed. Feel free to try again :) Luis (...) fish are jumping and the cotton is high... So hush, little baby, baby don't you cry." -Ella ---...--- (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: light sensor problem?

(...) It has changed from 0.1.x- Markus (who seems to have just about disappeared off the face of the planet) re-wrote a lot of that. On the other hand, in the actual ds_handler function not much has changed: the only thing that is apparent is that (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  first small error

The tarball has at least one .orig file in it (a leftover from some patches I applied last night.) Ignore them- they shouldn't affect the build at all, and I'll get them out for later. Luis ---...--- "Summertime... and the living is easy... fish are (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  semi, sort of, not quite but almost 0.2.4

Hey, everybody- It's been a while (nearly seven months, actually) since there was a legOS release. Markus did quite a lot of work on it before he dumped it into CVS, and Paolo Massetti and I have put in a little bit of work on it over the past (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Possible bug with bss allocation

(...) I have a proposal to the legOS developers: The current tool chain to generate executables for legOS is a little off: We generate coff-h8300 from .c or .S sources, next ld generates symbolsrec relocated files from that. This step is done twice (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Possible bug with bss allocation

(...) Thanks for the fix, it works great. Dave Baum (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Possible bug with bss allocation

(...) The common section is aligned to 16 bytes by ld. This is unknown to the tools generating the final .lx files. The fix is to force the alignment of the .bss section to 2, with this ld will generate files that work with the current tools. I (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Possible bug with bss allocation

I was having some random hangs with a legOS program. If I added a little code or subtracted a little, everything started working again. I've isolated it to a problem whereby writing a zero to the last byte of bss data will hang the RCX. This only (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact