 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1242
Re: Possible bug with bss allocation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 16:03:57 GMT

In article <200007220610.IAA21152@reset.reset.net>, "Eddie C. Dost"
<ecd@skynet.be> wrote:

The common section is aligned to 16 bytes by ld. This is unknown to
the tools generating the final .lx files.

The fix is to force the alignment of the .bss section to 2, with this
ld will generate files that work with the current tools. I changed
genlds.c in CVS at sourceforge.net to output the correct linker script
for this.

If you are using this, please make shure genlds gets rebuild, issue a
make realclean in your legOS directory.

Thanks for the fix, it works great.

Dave Baum

--