 Robotics / RCX / Java / 33
32  |  34
Subject:
RCX/CM doc on reading sensors using Get Value <source> <argument>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:35:39 GMT

I'm building my own Java code to drive the CM from my PC COM port.

Now I have some testing/lab sw which reasonably reliably writes to and reads
from the COM port, I got stuck at read sensor using the GetValue opcode 0x12.

I can read the variables 0..31 (yet need to fix problems with the sign)
but when attempting to read the sensors I don't get sensible replies from
my CM.

I.e. when I send
  12 00 00
  12 00 31
I get answers as expected

but when I send
  12 09 00
  12 09 02

I get crap

Then I tried setting the sensors, because the seem to be RAW by default
also these messages fail.
Also tried setting them to 'boolean' (using RCX-CC), and reading them with
  12 0d 00
  12 0d 02

but all in vain.
Who has any hints?