 Robotics / 13720
13719  |  13721
Subject:
RCX/CM doc on reading sensors using Get Value <source> <argument>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:52:09 GMT

Thanks to y'all. As we could have expected Kekoa DID indeed have
it documented. As he points out in his reply it's just in a different
location, and I missed the connection. (see below included)
Great works Kekoa!

Great. Another mistery solved.

Now I continue my journey through DTR and RTS. Marco hinted at
using spirit.ocx. I'm programming in Java and have no clue how to
from there access spirit. I got the javax.comm package from Sun,
and guess I just have to become an expert on serials :-)

I did manage to exchange (yes exchange, not just send) information with
the CM. So far a 'unreliable' link due to, I suspect, not appropriately
dealing with the DTR/RTS protocol. The Reply packet that I read is
regularly wrong, but I'm quite shure that is because I'm not correctly
dealing with the port. I do have a copy of Dario Laverde Java code to
drive the RCX. A couple of people pointed out that communication
with the CM-Tower ain't the same. Difference in packet headers,
RCX 55 ff 00
CM  fe 00 00 ff
easy to overcome, difference in port-settings... oops... best tips for
the CM related serial port setting so far
DTR high/true
RTS low/false
But I'm not at the point of reliable data exchange yet.

I may check the Delphi of Mark Overmars' great RCX-CC,
even though I've never seen Delphi. Thanks for the tip. I have been
using NQC + RCX-CC until after three evenings my CM complained about
a lack of memory.

Thanks to everyone,

Theo.