 Robotics / RCX / Java / 278
    RCX Communications problems —Gabriel Puma
   Hi everyone!!! I’m a desperate soul in search of some answers and no much luck, so I’m writing here to see if someone can help me... I’m trying to control two RCX bricks from one or two towers on different computers (this depends on the answers I (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: RCX Communications problems —Jordan Bradford
     What I would do is give each RCX an internal "name" -- an identifier. When you send a message from the PC, the first part is the identifier. So if robot B gets a message intended for robot A, it should ignore it. And vice versa. The same thing would (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

         Re: RCX Communications problems —Jordan Bradford
     I obviously didn't read your message very carefully. Sorry. For some reason I was reading it as "how can I control two robots remotely" and not the more specific stuff you're asking. If that acknowledgement protocol you have allows inheritance, then (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: RCX Communications problems —Juergen Stuber
   Hi Gabriel, did you take a look at LNP? It can address several RCXs. Jürgen (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: RCX Communications problems —Gabriel Puma
   Hi everyone, I did take a look at LNP, but I need to be sure that the RCX received the packet. As far as I Know, LNP is an UDP kind of communication. LLC is more reliable way to communicate as it uses ACK. I’m thinking know in recompile the RCXPort (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: RCX Communications problems —Brian B. Alano
    (...) the LNP class also uses LLC, it just doesn't implement receiveAck(). (...) You could work ACKs into LNP (e.g. create a LNPReliableHandler), or you could add multi-byte support into and put an addressing layer over LLCReliableHandler. The (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)