 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how
 Results 141 – 160 of about 5300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Lots of new FAQ answers and some revisions

I have just sumbitted a large number of answers to FAQ questions that hadn't been answered yet, and revisions to other answers. There is also just one answer that I did not change (-: The answers are in the lugnet.faq newsgroup. Here is an index to (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.faq)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 4.357)

  Re: Lego Network Protocol questions

Ralph Hempel wrote in message <000001beb0e4$f9d0df...pro150>... (...) I'll back you up on this as well. I did some experiments using two towers connected to two different PCs, and found that I could send raw bytes from one PC to the other without (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 4.357)

  Re: LNP Repost

I am coming into the middle of this (or at the end considering the posting dates), and am hoping I don't sound like a fool putting out these ideas (since I don't yet know how legOS works). Is the RCX# used as a sort of ethernet MAC address? If you (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 4.342)

  Re: Any substitute to the default lego serial cable!

Hi! Paul, | |Thanks for your help first. I didnt' test it using lejos! I just used |the default LEGO RIS UI in win98 to try to download the lego default firmware |to RCX brick! |When the dialog box under the hardware setting option informed me the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

ris, rcx, ir
(score: 4.334)

  Re: How can RIS talk to Cybermaster

(...) Two ways I know. 1. There is a program for the PC that will translate the Radio signal into IR and back again. 2. Take a connector and put it on the motor port of the master unit and put it to a sensor port. Now toggle the master unit's motor (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ris, ir, how
(score: 4.328)

  Re: Decoding the LEGO IR remote control

(...) [snip] (...) What makes this especially intrigueing is that the remote control box does not send messages with the same preamble as the RCX does. The RCX with take an RCX message and treat it as a message. The stuff from the remote is treated (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 4.322)

  Re: Decoding the LEGO IR remote control

This LEGO IR remote control (#9738) is making me crazy!!!! Dave and Kekoa have posted in depth explanations of the remote's coding, but I must be awfully dense and am missing something somewhere. I've tried two approaches: First, I used both a (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 4.322)

  Re: Decoding the LEGO IR remote control

Hi All - - A couple of weeks ago I received my LEGO MindStorms #9738 remote control. It's really cool to be able to select, start, and stop programs ... override the motor controls ... send messages, etc. If fact, it's SO COOL that I want to be able (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 4.318)

  [OT] Decoding the LEGO remote control

Hi All - - A couple of weeks ago I received my LEGO MindStorms #9738 remote control. It's really cool to be able to select, start, and stop programs ... override the motor controls ... send messages, etc. If fact, it's SO COOL that I want to be able (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 4.315)

  Re: Interests in non-GNU C compiler for RIS?

(...) native H8 machine code, and that doesn't require a huge investment in time and disk space to install and configure. As I see it, there are already many development systems out there for free that are this simple to install and use, as long as (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 4.311)

  Re: Robolab, byte codes and assembler

Thanks for the response. (...) It seems to me it's a design flaw in the entire method of counting rotations, which relies on the theoretical ideal of "instantaneous" voltage changes, which can't be produced. You can't go from 2V to 5V without (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 4.311)

  Re: Interests in non-GNU C compiler for RIS?

Hello Luis, thanks for respomding (and thanks to others who have email me privately...) (...) We got into the business selling REXIS (REal eXecutive for Intelligent Systems) but stop after a couple years since the support cost is too high :-( I may (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 4.308)

  New newsgroups lugnet.robotics.edu & lugnet.edu

lugnet.robotics.edu and lugnet.edu have just been created. For background information on how these came to be, please see the following messages and related threads: (URL) <-- especially this one (URL) <-- and this one (3 URLs) new discussion groups (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 4.308)

  Long range IR mode.

Does anyone know how to switch the RCX to long range IR mode in PBForth? Dave (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 4.306)

  "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

i just purchased the mindstorm RIS set... now i am trying to get the firmware on it. i dont have windows (thank god), so i am trying to get the firmware onto the rcx with ncq. upon trying to do anything with rcx (rcx -near, rcx -firmware..) i am (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 4.305)

  IR questinos and more

Hi All. I'm trying to build an IR proximity sensor with LegOS, by using the on-board transmitter and light sensor. I'm having problems figuring out how to send data, however. I tried using lnp_logical_write(), but 'cu -l /dev/ttyS0' doesn't show any (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 4.302)

  RELEASE: LegoSim -- another LegOS Simulator

RELEASE: LegoSim A UNIX-based Simulator for LegOS with an Applet-GUI LegoSim is (yet another) simulator for LegOS. URL: (URL) another simulator? At the time the project started, there was no other simulator. Once Emulegos was announced, we did not (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 4.294)

  RIS 1.0 vs 1.5: which more "desirable"?

pardon my newbie-ness. i am researching mindstorms, as i am getting myself a set for xmas. now i am confused about the fact everyone seems to want RIS with the v 1.0 RCX. is this true? i guess i am just caught up in the details and new (to me) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 4.293)

  How advanced can RCX programming be?

I got my RIS a couple of weeks ago, and I have been building simple robots and programmed them using the program on the RIS cd. I´ve heard that you can program the RCX in very advanced ways, multitasking and so on. How advanced can it be? How do you (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 4.289)

  RE: Problems with RCX Robolab and PowerMacs 6400/200 and 5500/225

Paul, I've snipped all of the text about how RoboLab and the Mac might not play nicely together. I have had great results with my own system at my office, and then when I did the tutorial at MIT, things failed miserably. I turned off the large (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 4.286)

More:  Next Page >>