 Robotics / RCX / 814
  RCX.pm questions

So, I've finally found a little bit of time to play with RCX.pm, and it is pretty cool. However, I'm having lots of problems convincing the RCX to actually do things :) it appears that in many cases, the first signal sent to the RCX is always (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX.pm questions [and Linux RCX GUI question]

So, I have some more questions to anyone who wants to answer them :) (John, hope you are listening ;) 1) Do I need to recreate $rcx after a while? It looks to me that under many circumstances, repeated calls to the RCX will fail to cause the tower (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Painful details on RCX.pm problems

More RCX.pm stuff in case John Quillan (to whom I'll be forever indebted, if this ever works) shows up. So I have this code: #!/usr/bin/perl use LEGO::RCX; my $rcx = new LEGO::RCX(); $rcx->ping(); $k = 0; while($k ne 10) { print($k.") (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX.pm questions [and Linux RCX GUI question]

You need any help building the GUI? I was thinking of doing a Perl Tk for my linux box. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX.pm questions [and Linux RCX GUI question]

No, I don't, but thanks for the offer. I've actually never built a GUI in anything except Java until today, but Glade ((URL) makes building a GTK gui ridiculously easy- it literally took about 30 minutes to go from knowing absolutely nothing to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: RCX.pm questions [and Linux RCX GUI question]

(...) Luis, You might want to look at my rcxtcl package. It has all of the stuff you need to make messages for the RCX. Currently, the tcl code makes the messages for uploading firmware bytes to the RCX, but there is a routine that will take a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX.pm questions [and Linux RCX GUI question]

(...) Wow, I'm looking forward for that. Just what I need. Sorry I don't know anything about GTK, I would have liked to help you... Jacob (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Painful details on RCX.pm problems

Luis, I am here. I tryed your code. The interesting this is the first time I tryed it I got the following results with the towwer turning off after 5. But repeated runs of the program dont seem to have any problems. 0) 41 1) 41 2) 44 3) 45 4) 40 (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Painful details on RCX.pm problems

Luis, I found a half dead 9V battery and put it in my tower. I am getting similar results, except I hang after the first or second reading. Something like: 0) 41 1) 41 And that is it. I for got to ask is it connisistantly after the 4th one things go (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Painful details on RCX.pm problems

Yes, it does in fact happen more or less often sometimes (though it is usually consistent.) It has been an awful long time since I changed batteries... I'll get a new set tomorrow and take a look at it. Thanks a bunch, John... Luis (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)