 Robotics / RCX / 826
Re: Painful details on RCX.pm problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:42:48 GMT

Yes, it does in fact happen more or less often sometimes (though it is usually
consistent.) It has been an awful long time since I changed batteries... I'll
get a new set tomorrow and take a look at it. Thanks a bunch, John...
Luis

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, John C. Quillan writes:
Luis,

I found a half dead 9V battery and put it in my tower.  I am getting
similar results, except I hang after the first or second reading.
Something like:

0) 41
1) 41

And that is it.

I for got to ask is it connisistantly after the 4th one things go
crazy or does it happen sooner or later sometimes?

John C. Quillan

Luis,

I am here.  I tryed your code.  The interesting this is the first
time I tryed it I got the following results with the towwer turning off
after 5.  But repeated runs of the program dont seem to have any
problems.

0) 41
1) 41
2) 44
3) 45
4) 40
5) 52498
6)
7)
8)
9)

I have tryed to vary the sleep from 0 to 15, changing the sensor modes,
etc, and
cant seem to reproduce the problem.

How is the battery in your towwer? If it is old maybe you need a fresh
one.

What OS version are you running? What dist if it is Linux.  Is this V1.0
of
RCX.pm?

Sorry I can't be more help.

John C. Quillan