 Robotics / RCX / 434
Re: Black
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:49:00 GMT

Mike W. Burger <mike@hawaii.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
Fp0ys8.CB0@lugnet.com...
Since I am currently working on line following, I did some tests
with the Lego active light sensor.  I mounted one on a small
test cart pointing down a bit more than 1/8 inch above the
"ground".

The 1.5 test pad reads

white 57
black 38
green 46

I went through a book of construction paper.  The results were
surprising.  This sensor sees a lot of things as white; reds,
yellows, oranges, greys, lavenders, browns all reading 55-56,
even 57.  The construction paper black was a disapointing 47.
....Snip

The colors we see lie in the range 400 to 700 nanometers. The response of
the Lego sensors are completely different to our "sensors". This is why some
of the colours give the same reflectance values, although we see them
differently. The only way to compensate this is with colored filters. Have
you tried matt black paint for
the blacks?
Garry