 Robotics / RCX / 2820
Re: parallel RCX outputs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:14:19 GMT

Hi Mark,

"Mark Bellis" <mark.bellis@tiscali.co.uk> writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Juergen Stuber wrote:
Chris Magno <cmagno@rogers.com> writes:

Can I put an electric 2x4 plate across output port A and B
to increase the current I can draw from the brick?

I think so (warning, this is based only on theoretical knowledge).

1. when I ran a few tests with a 1x2 lamp, I would get interesting results.

A and B forward - ON
A and B Reverse - ON

That should be ok.

Setting the power level might not work correctly,
from looking at the ROM code it seems the PWM waveforms
are not synchronized.

If all motor ports are started and stopped together, does that synchronise the
PWM waveforms?

probably, I guess they would be started within the same millisecond,
which would result in synchronized wafeforms.

If not, then I don't recommend paralleling up.

It's not that bad, when the waveform is off the motor is floating.
So the power control will be ineffective at worst.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/