 Robotics / RCX / 2819
Re: parallel RCX outputs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 17:34:28 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Juergen Stuber wrote:

A Forward B Reverse - FLASHing ON
B Forward B Reverse - FLASHing ON

The outputs are fighting each other.
The flashing is an interesting phenomenon, I would guess
a thermal protection circuit triggers intermittently.

The flashing is a feature of the 1x2 and 1x4 lamps... if run in one direction,
it's solid, but in the other it flashes.  This comes from the old light and
sound sets, where you might well want a flashing light.  You're right that the
two outputs are fighting each other, but I'd guess that for whatever reason, the
reverse is winning a little bit.  If you put the lamp on a single output and
reversed it, you'd get a flashing result too.

Peter