 Robotics / RCX / 247
Re: Where to begin ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:05:11 GMT

David Johnston wrote:

Therefore I have one question for you all, which sets, kits, boxes, etc would
you recommend to establish the necessary (and significant) quantity of gears,
beams, plates, motors, etc. that I seemed destined to need to fulfill my
creative urges. Do please bear in mind that cost (as always) is an option and
if you could give some rough idea of cost that would help significantly.
I faced a similar problem at the beginning of this year.

If you want the most pieces for your money as a single kit, I'd
recommend set 9609, the Technology Resource Set.  It contains something
like 1,700 pieces including a 9v motor and a fwe pneumatics components.
Last time I checked, it was somewhere around $200US.

You may have to buy it through Pitsco -- I haven't ever seen Lego
advertise this set.

You should also look at the assorted spare parts sets by Lego for any
additional things you need (like extra differentials, pneumatics,
motors, chain links, extra beams, plates, etc).

Mark