 Robotics / RCX / 2466
    Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey —John Barnes
   (...) Well, I had to respond to the survey - how could I not!!! More ports and more sensor choices was my main message. I must say, having built numerous active sensors for RCX, I don't think I'd class the interface as hard to live with. Its cheap - (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        RE: New TLC Mindstorms survey —Ralph Hempel
     I'm thinking something like a hybrid between the GameboyRCX and what we have now.... What if you could use an IR equipped palmPilot (or Clie), or even a PocketPC to talk to a simple micro. Wait, you'd need an IRDA protocol stack on the micro, unless (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey —Danny Staple
   (...) Umm - I think you guys got the wrong end of the stick there. I didnt mean bluetooth for sensor connectivity(cables do just fine), I only meant it to replace the existing IR interface for downloading programs. Although intelligent sensor nets (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)