 Robotics / RCX / 2291
  installing Robolab under Mac OS X

Hello, I just purchased Robolab 2.5.2 from Pitsco and am trying to install it under Mac OS 10.2. When I try the process (while logged in under an account with administrator priviledge) the installer gets to 2 or so files remaining, and then gives (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

Hi Holger, I definitely know that Robolab 2.5.2 is running in classic mode of MacOS X 10.2.8. So it must be something with the file owner and user rights for a file or a folder in your system (and in every other system where the software should be (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

<snippage> (...) try running the disk utility program found in the application/utilities folder and use it to repair the privilages on the disk. this may or may not help but I know I run into this problem when trying to install OS updates. If the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

(...) Any official word on this? Or just rumor? I think that would make me break down and finally buy a copy instead of fiddling with the MindStorms Software in Virtual PC ... Greetings Horst (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

Hi John, repairing the privilegs is a very good idea ... for the first choice much better then mine. Your second idea .... also ... (...) ... but this ways does not run on newer Mac that do not boot on MacOS 9. Ralf Am 29.12.2003 20:33 Uhr schrieb (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

(...) Great news for MAC/OSX fans this is not a rumor according to the PITSCO 2004 catalog there will be Native OSX CD version available JUNE 2004. You will need ROBOLAB 2.5 software with training missions. If you have the 2.5 ROBOLAB RIS you can (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)