 Robotics / RCX / 2214
    Proximity Sensors for Legway —Harold Jarvie
    Hi I'm keen on building a Legway but Hitechnic tell me they no longer supply the sensors.... (or I maybe they don't want to supply me in New Zealand) Are there alternatives? either pre built or a circuit daigram? I don't have any electronics (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Proximity Sensors for Legway —Chris Masclet
     Now Hi-Technic stop building those parts.. may be they could give their diagrams to public... Chris. (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

         Re: Proximity Sensors for Legway —Harold Jarvie
     Hi Chris :) Hitechnic have just changed their webpage marking the EOPD's as withdrawn and to explain that they do not have the time to share their schematics with the kind of profesionalism they desire. Which is a pity, cause I'm gratefull for any (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Proximity Sensors for Legway —Chris Phillips
   (...) Henrik Dahlgren posted here several months back saying that he had successfully built a LegWay using standard LEGO Light Sensors instead of the HiTechnic Proximity Detector. I don't know how much code modification was required, but here is his (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Proximity Sensors for Legway —Harold Jarvie
   Thanks Chris I had seen Henriks posts before but for some reason forgot all about it (I suspect an irrational Java aversion) I think the fact that Steve has published his code makes his solution more attractive to those of us who would like to try (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Proximity Sensors for Legway —Harold Jarvie
    Progress so far (2 URLs) I have a feeling I won't be able to stabilise it further until I can get better sensors.... This is a slightly modified Steves Legway program with two standard sensors moded with some black paper to hide the red leds cheers (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Proximity Sensors for Legway —Henrik Dahlgren
   (...) I have a movie of my robot balancing pretty good. Sadly I don't have a website to put it on. However, from watching your movies my tip to you would be to reduce the power to the motors (a lot!) and increase the distance from the surface to the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Proximity Sensors for Legway —Harold Jarvie
    Hi Henrik Thanks for the pointers.... I've got it working a lot better than in the video now but have a way to go to get as good as Steve's. I'll try and get the video's updated in the next couple of days. I'm keen to hear what you and Steve make (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Proximity Sensors for Legway —Harold Jarvie
    Hi Guys I have just updated the videos at (URL) It has balanced for several minutes on the kitchen floor in the mov00001 cofiguration.... but usually I start playing with the remote and that eventually throws it. I wasn't convinced before but I (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)