 Robotics / RCX / 2077
Re: Transmitting a message from the RCX to the PC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 12:29:11 GMT

Would it be possible to have two RCX's communicate back and forth with a
single PC by using two Infrared towers?

By enclosing one tower/RCX pair in a box you could isolate the RCX's from
interrupting each other's communications. I'm guessing that all the program
on the PC would have to do is change from the one com port to the other,
addressing whichever tower that applied to the specific RCX you wanted to
communicate with.

Would 1 RS232 tower and 1 USB tower cause problems compared to two RS232 towers?

I'd probably go for two RS232 versions but I have only one RS232 socket free
at the moment.

Steve