 Robotics / RCX / 2070
Re: Transmitting a message from the RCX to the PC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 21:48:33 GMT

I'm posting this on behalf of John Donaldson who is having a problem with
his emails bouncing, so this is his text verbatim.

Why can't a mode where a two byte sequence is sent. The
first byte is the bot address and the second byte is the
data code. That way only the bot whos address was sent
responds.
If two bytes are too much, a single byte can be split to
do
the same thing. The upper four bits are the bot address
and
the lower four bits the data code. You could even go as
far
as to say the upper two bits are the bot address and the
lower six bits is the data. This would give you four bots
and
63 data codes.
   I have done this on other projects where I need to
address
multi systems and only want one system at a time to
respond.

John Donaldson