 Robotics / RCX / 2074
R: Transmitting a message from the RCX to the PC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 09:13:07 GMT

Look at the material, it contains a readme file.
this is just the top of the iceberg.
If you are interested let me know.
Giuseppe

-----Messaggio Originale-----
Da: "Steven lane" <steveroblane@aol.com>
A: <lugnet.robotics.rcx@lugnet.com>
Data invio: giovedì 22 maggio 2003 19.50
Oggetto: Re: Transmitting a message from the RCX to the PC

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Chris Phillips writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Michael Franklin Bosu writes:

Since you have still not provided more information about the programming
language/environment you are using or any details about your intended
application, it is difficult for anyone to provide you with a more • detailed
response.  Instead of re-posting the same question every few days, you • will
get better results if you give us more to work with.

I'm not the originator of this thread but I am interested in the same • problem.

I'm intending to use

MS visual c++ V4
spirt.ocx
RIS 2.0 firmware
and NQC

Perhaps a better way to get information from the RCX to the PC is to have
the PC poll the RCX.  Using the standard RCX firmware, you can store a • data
value in one of the 32 program variables, then have the PC periodically • send
an "interrogate variable value" opcode to the RCX.  The RCX will respond • by
sending back the 16-bit value in that variable.  This will NOT work if • you
have more than one RCX in the room, since they will all try to respond to
the PC poll and will walk all over each others' transmissions.

I do want to use two RCX's though.

My plan is to have RCX No 2 send data to RCX No 1. RCX No 1 will then
forward this data along with it's own to the PC which will process it and
then send a response just to RCX No 1. RCX 1 will then signal RCX 2 to • begin
the cycle again.

Couldn't I just tell RCX 2 to shut down comms for a short while so it • would
not interfere with RCX 1's comms to the PC?

Steve

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed;
    name="spirit.zip"