 Robotics / RCX / 1812
    RCX and GPS systems —Jeff Lalo
   For sometime I have thought that a GPS interfaced with the RCX would be the answer to my navigational prayers. I have not found any information on an interface for the RCX (GPS-RCX or GPS-PC-RCX). I realize that this is not a trivial task with (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: RCX and GPS systems —Dean Hystad
     A big question is if the positioning resolution you could achieve would be worth the cost or effort. The GPS hardware I've seen tell you where you are within a few yards. Unless you can get that down to a few inches what's the point? Plus you still (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: RCX and GPS systems —Dirk-Willem van Gulik
     (...) Also see the ACE-II from Trimble which could be powered and output directly to the normal sensor plugs; and can be run slow enough for it to nor be a problem to read. However... you are going to have issues with resolution and reception. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: RCX and GPS systems —Juergen Stuber
   (...) It might be possible to run an IR transmitter directly off it, IIRC John Barnes posted a circuit diagram for that a while ago (he might also sell these things). Then you only need the software, where you need to send/receive single characters, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)