 Robotics / RCX / 1684
Re: What about this for a new RCX 2.5 setup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 15:54:55 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Lester Witter writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Jeff McClain writes:
Seems to me that the BEST implementation of the RCX would be for some CORE
for it...I'd pay it.

Snip

-Jeff McClain

What might be doable and best is a documented bus extension (a card plug-in)
slot. This could be taken to the extreme by making a cpu unit that just has
power (plug-in option of course) and memory (expandable of course) and maybe
the IR or other serial connection (RS232 or USB or firewire). Everything else
is an add-on. And while we are dreaming, put a pentium in it running an
embedded linux (Pretty soon this will be doable both from engineering and • cost)

Lester (Computer Geek) Witter

Replying to my own post,

Why not build our own? Glue together some bricks, hollow them out and put in
one of these babys:

http://www.uclinux.org/ucsimm/

Or something similar. The comunity could work out building instructions and
develop our own add-ons.

Lester (Hardware Geek Wantabe) Witter

(I know it is not that simple but what do you expect from a software winnie)