 Robotics / RCX / 164
    A few questions on NQC vs. VB —Zac Pollock
   Hi all. I've been lurking in the shadows reading posts for a couple of weeks and now have a question of my own. I'd like to move beyond the programming capabilities of the RIS software and am trying to decide which way to go. I have VERY little (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: A few questions on NQC vs. VB —Terry King
     Zac, I may not understand your objectives, but I'd say that using NQC with the Rcx Command Center RcxCC is the current best choice for work that is primarily concerned with programming the Rcx and Robots. You'll find it very easy to use, and there's (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

         Thanks to All! —Zac Pollock
     I really appreciate all of the great feedback. I've figured out which way I'm going so I'll probably have more specific programming questions in the near future. Luckily for me, I've found an excellent forum for intellectual exchange. Thanks again, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        RE: A few questions on NQC vs. VB —Ralph Hempel
     (...) After seeing all the cool stuff at Mindfest this weekend, I'll say this: 1. Learn about basic bot building using the graphical tools from LEGO 2. When you need more control, go to NQC 3. When you run out of variables or timers, etc go to (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        Re: A few questions on NQC vs. VB —Matthew Miller
     (...) I'd recommend NQC; if you use visual basic, you'll need to go through a lot of communicating-with-the-brick and user-interface crap every time you want to make a program. With NQC, you concentrate on writing your code for the robot, and don't (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: A few questions on NQC vs. VB —Nick Taylor
     Hi Zac, Dave Baum's NQC is excellent ... not quite the capabilities of pbForth, but *much* easier to learn. Mark Overmars' RCX-CC makes NQC even easier to use ... and best of all, both Dave and Mark have made their efforts available for use free of (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: A few questions on NQC vs. VB —Søren Bak
     (...) Hi, I don't see this as a matter of choice. It really depends on what you want to do with your robots. NQC programs are executed directly on the RCX and needs no communication with the PC, whereas programs written in VB using SPIRIT.OCX are (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: A few questions on NQC vs. VB —Sergey Udovenko
   (...) Hi, Don't miss the opportunity to learn Forth! It's unique environment, it's just another world. :) Here is a history of Forth: (URL) Sergey Udovenko (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)