 Robotics / RCX / 165
Re: A few questions on NQC vs. VB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:34:37 GMT

Zac, I may not understand your objectives, but I'd say that
using NQC with the Rcx Command Center RcxCC is the current
best choice for work that is primarily concerned with
programming the Rcx and Robots.  You'll find it very easy to
use, and there's one easy-to-install package including Dave's
NQC compiler and all the documentation at:
http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/markov/lego/rcxcc/

Visual Basic is good at creating Windows Applications. If you
want to make some new Windows application that interacts
with Rcx based Robots, this may be a good way to do it.

RcxCC provides several neat ways to interact with a Robot,
including a Joystick and Mouse mode, but as far as I can see
it doesn't support combining that with other Windows applications.

--
Terry King   ...In The Woods In Vermont