 Robotics / RCX / 1496
RE: Code-only Line-tracking competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 14:37:38 GMT

David Schilling wrote:

Well, it's been a few weeks since the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge, and all the
other results were in a long time ago, but we finally have the results for
the code-only event.  Since tab characters seem to disappear in these posts,
and a table is required to show the results, I've created an ftx page for
the full results of this event.  See
http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/events/~48/RCX_Challenge/2001-Oct

The second and third run of the code only event were done at the Digilennium
in Seattle earlier this afternoon.  The lighting conditions there were much
more suitable for this event.

The winner?

Steve Hassenplug, at 15.7 seconds!  Way to go Steve!
Second place goes to Joerg Pohl with 19.3 seconds.
And Martin Egholm Nielsen comes in third at 20.6 seconds.

David, thanks for putting this contest on. I admit that I was intrigued
when it was announced but did not have time to put an entry together.

The idea of a code-only competition on a standard hardware platform
is brilliant and opens up the world of competitive robotics to all
of us.

By the way, it might interest the readers that did not follow the link
that alternative firmware took the top three positions in the competition,
and in this order:

legOS
pbForth
leJOS

Thanks again for putting the competition on!

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com