 Robotics / RCX / 1362
Re: Proper power supply for a 1.0?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:53:35 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Dean Husby writes:
"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

What is the proper voltage for a external power supply for a 1.0 RCX? Can I
use the power supply that goes with the 9v train speed regulator? I believe
the train transformer outputs 12VAC.

jt

I've used the Train Transformers with great success. If you look close at your
RCX you'll notice 9-12~
Anything from 9 to 12 volts AC or DC will work fine. Though to prevent your
RCX's Diode Bridge from burning out AC is better. (Shares the load) I've had
RCX's power for weeks on the train transformers with no problems. Just be aware
that the RCX output will jump to around 9.3 volts. No danger to LEGO items but
any custom items might not like it.

Dean
--
Dean Husby
LUGNET Member #320

I'd like to be cutting in to this transformer conversation, since ...
I'd like to know what kind of adapter I could use (and how) for supplying my
RCX with power, since it has no inlet.
I have tried to use DC adapters for 6, 9, and 12 Volts, all without success.
I connected them to the plates inside the battery compartment (with the
right polarity), but the RCX didn't even squeek. None of them supplied more
than 1.25 Ampères of current, however. What is the solution to this (except
for buying an RCX from the RIS 1.0)?

Thank You!

Grtz.,
Remko