 Robotics / RCX / 1360
Re: Proper power supply for a 1.0?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:49:39 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Dan Boger writes:
James Trobaugh wrote:

What is the proper voltage for a external power supply for a 1.0 RCX? Can I
use the power supply that goes with the 9v train speed regulator? I believe
the train transformer outputs 12VAC.

jt

true - but I think the RCX input is rated 9-12V.  I don't have a train transformer here, but wouldn't it be outputing 12VDC?  Can't imagine why they'd put a AC to DC converter in the regulator...  Anyway, we've used the train transformers many many times with no adverse effects.

Dan

Well on the back of the LEGO train power supply it list Output as 12VAC 7VA,
so I'm assuming that the DC conversion is done in the speed regulator, I
couldn't tell you why.

But it's good to know I can use this power supply with a 1.0 RCX since I
have so many of them lying around.

Thanks,

jt