 Robotics / RCX / 1361
Re: Proper power supply for a 1.0?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:08:17 GMT

"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

What is the proper voltage for a external power supply for a 1.0 RCX? Can I
use the power supply that goes with the 9v train speed regulator? I believe
the train transformer outputs 12VAC.

jt

I've used the Train Transformers with great success. If you look close at your
RCX you'll notice 9-12~
Anything from 9 to 12 volts AC or DC will work fine. Though to prevent your
RCX's Diode Bridge from burning out AC is better. (Shares the load) I've had
RCX's power for weeks on the train transformers with no problems. Just be aware
that the RCX output will jump to around 9.3 volts. No danger to LEGO items but
any custom items might not like it.

Dean
--
Dean Husby