 Robotics / RCX / 1079
  About IR Tower

I remember I connected to serial port without power off when I use IR tower every time, can it let IR tower get fault? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: About IR Tower

The tower must be connected before you boot the computer. Have you tried using the other COM port? If your mouse is using the other port, swap it and try the tower in that port. Remember to reboot. If all else fails, you need a friend to loan you a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: About IR Tower

No matter if your tower is connected before booting, it's not a PnP device ! What's more, a serial port can safely be added/removed because it's just a text device. On Linux, you can easily test your IR tower : echo 'RCX please show me a sign' (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)