 Robotics / RCX / *5695 (-20)
  newbie

Hi everybody, I'm starting to use Lego products and I'm having problems to undrestand a few things. For example, I want to use NQC and I don't understand why the LegOS needs a C cross-compiler... or by having LegOS I don't need NQC? -- Paula Berger (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: newbie

I'm not 100% sure, but when I used Spirit.OCX (VC, VB, Delphi, etc...) for some research, I was under the impression that it supported 3 types of interface: "Radio" (CyberMaster), "InfraRed" (RCX, Scout) and I think it was "Cable" or "Direct" or (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  firmware

People, What is this "firmware" that is supposed to be loaded into the RCX? Is there anywhere I can download it?? Thanks, -- Paula Berger E-mail: pberger@terra.com.br paula@inf.pucrs.br ICQ#: 71133278 (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: thread class for legOS

(...) Static DOES matter; it declares the method as being a "class" method, rather than a normal instance method. I believe there is no implicit 'this' parameter and therefore it can be treated like a normal function. Of course, it can't be linked (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: thread class for legOS

(...) No, static doesn't matter but it is possible the calling conventions of C and C++ might be different (I don't know of a platform where that is the case for a an extern function), so you might need to specify C linkage, as in: extern "C" int (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: thread class for legOS

(...) Haven't done any C++ for a while, but IIRC you just need to declare runWrapper as static, ie: private: static int runWrapper(...) ; HTH ROSCO (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: threads - bug in the firmware?

(...) Advantage: Less memory used (each thread needs a block of memory in the kernel, I'm at work & can't remember the struct name off hand). In the case under discussion, this doesn't make much difference, but in a large project, memory use can (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Still having problems with helloworld.c

John, Where is the source for makelx ?? I am having this same problem. Thanks JohnG (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Routing daemon with tcp/ip for RCX/legOS, Cybermaster/NQC

Sources for the LNPoI Router are available now. You find it at (URL) . Bye (23 years ago, 20-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: More on threads

(...) I recall that legOS's priority model is pretty rigid. If a thread with a higher priority never yields, threads with lower priority will never get any time. When I write legOS programs, I generally just have everything run at PRIO_NORMAL. That (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: More on threads

(...) Digging through tm.c gave me the impression, that main will indeed get no time slice. So I wrote another test program: ---...--- #include <conio.h> #include <unistd.h> pid_t worker; int work_task(int argc, char *argv[]); int main() { int i; i (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: More on threads

(...) ability to terminate but to run in an endless loop. But This is not true of an embedded system though which will have to run 'forever'. (...) priority of NORMAL+4. So, the (...) any time slice at all. NO time slice or just a very small chunk (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  NQC 2.4 r1 released

It seems like NQC 2.4 has been stuck in beta test for a very long time...I wanted to wait for Mac OS 9 and Linux USB support, but at the moment Lego hasn't released their Mac OS 9 driver and the Linux situation is probably best addressed right now (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  More on threads

(...) Of course you are right. I think it is a bad programming style not to give your program the ability to terminate but to run in an endless loop. But what is the penalty for this bad style? I've done some investigations and here are the results: (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Deleting Programs

I am using legOS to program a robot for a uni project because the other stuff is aparently too simple but i cant delete the current programs off the RCX to download the new firmware. Is there any other way of doing this without just leaving the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  More RCX's controled by one tower ?

Heya all ! Sorry if this was discused before but is it possible to control or program for example two RCX bricks with one tower from one PC so they work indifferently from eachothers in ONE model ? - Thanx ! - Rene (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: thread class for legOS

(...) IRC, every method in C++ has an implicit parameter wich is the object itself; that's why you can't cast it. Try the following (does someone have a nicer solution?): Put runWrapper() outside the class: int runWrapper(int, char **th) { (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  thread class for legOS

I write a Thread class for LegOs with a simple interface like in Java or CommonC++. I'm using LegOs 0.2.4. Below are my work till yet. The problem is in the Method Start(). The line is marked with !!. The error message is at the end of the file. I (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Routing daemon with tcp/ip for RCX/legOS, Cybermaster/NQC

"Freddy" <mail-nowak@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:GpzyB6.Kpt@lugnet.com... (...) A C++ class to build client application without knowing the LNPoI protocol is available for Windows and Linux now. (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Several questions

Dear Mindstormers, For months I didn't find the time to do some work with my Mindstorms equipment. So some things have changed and also new products came onto the market. I have just started work with Mindstorms again and have some (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact