 Robotics / RCX / *4940 (-20)
  Re: Dumb Q - How to get to Robolab Level5

(...) The Programmer section has four levels of Pilot and four levels of Inventor. Only the Investigator section has five levels. (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Dumb Q - How to get to Robolab Level5

I am new to Robolab. I find a level 5 in Investigator. There is a window in the top center that allows me to select Level 1 through 5. Hope this helps. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) <lwhite@pelicaneng.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Rechargeable Batteries

Hello, I'm at the point now where I need to get rechargeable batteries for the RCX. The alkaline's are just now making it anymore. Are Nicads OK or should I go the extra step and get nickel metal hydrides (Ni-MH)? How are radio shack's batteries and (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  LEGO mentioned in September issue of Astronomy magazine

I just got my September 2001 issue of Astronomy magazine and there is a one page article about the LEGO MINDSTORMS Robotics Invention System, Exploration Mars, and Vision Command. Unfortunately, about 40% of the page is taken up by a picture of the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Dumb Q - How to get to Robolab Level5

I used to know this, now I can't find the reference. Anyone? Hangs his head in shame, Larry (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Creativity

IHi Roger, I have been meaning to make this available on the web, but I will try to give a brief explanation in advance. The fuzzy logic line follower that I have worked on also uses two light sensors and rack&pinion steering, but follows a line (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Specs for Mindstorms gearmotor?

I'm working on a project which requires that I model the dynamics of a DC motor being driven by a PWM controller... specifically, the Mindstorms gearmotor being driven by the RCX. Does anyone know where I might find the spec's for the Lego (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Creativity

I think that my "Smart Acrobot" was pretty creative. :) I took the LEGO Acrobot that can flip over and keep driving and added a light-proof box with a light sensor and a handful of yellow bricks inside of it. This way, the light sensor either sees (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

(...) Hmmm, yes, you are right. In fact it woudn't make sense. My actual robot uses a little neural net and if battery goes low, the actual data will be sent to the PC to be saved. For this, it would be nice if the RCX makes some noise, I grab it, (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Creativity

Hi Jeff, Tell me more about your fuzzy logic line follower. My line follower was always losing track of which side of the line it is on and turning in the wrong direction. It would then stop and use an expanding sweep based on the ideas of Dave (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: rotation sensor question

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but there is more information about the rotation sensor in the tinyvm-discussion archives, which you can find from lejos.sourceforge.net by clicking on mailing lists. The rotation sensor has trouble (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Robocup

Hi, I was just wondering, are there other people that read this newsgroup that are working on Robocup Jr.? for those of you who dont know what it is: (URL) working on the soccer challenge. (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Connectivity for Windows CE?

(...) There is also a Great program that can upload Firmware, compile NQC, control the Bots directly and send message codes. NQCEdit/RCXControl (URL) also FREE. Dean (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FW: Window CE Support for the Mindstorm Unit

I have found a new website: (URL) offer a program for windows ce, which can control Mindstorms and Cybermaster. (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Connectivity for Windows CE?

(...) I have found a new website: (URL) offer a program for windows ce, which can control Mindstorms and Cybermaster. (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  New windows ce program!

There is a new website for windows ce: (URL) offer a program for windows ce, which can control Mindstorms and Cybermaster. (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

(...) ultra-low (...) Would that really make sense? Since changing batteries destroys all memory, the program will not survive despite advance warning about the impending doom of battery low. In effect, changing the batteries is equivalent to the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

So in the original firmware, the system is shut down if ultra-low battery is detected. If we don't want tot do that, we could change the ">" in the 2nd compare to a "<" to get some hysteresis. Or would it be usefull to stop legOS and do a shut-down (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

(...) in (...) Statement should be right. It's same behavier found in original firmware: (URL) (battery power (cc5a) > 1a2c (6700 mV)) call ROM 1e4a (r6=301b) // clear battery low indicator else if (battery power (cc5a) > 189c (6300 mV)) call ROM (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  MIDI to NQC/RIS2.0 translator "Midi2LSC"

Hi, All ! I wrote a Windows 95/98/Me/2000 free software. This program named "Midi2Lsc" is SMF (Standard MIDI File) to LSC (LEGO Script Language of RIS2.0 SDK) and/or NQC translator. It is alpha test release status now. SMF format 0/1/2 support (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact