 Robotics / RCX / *4930 (-20)
  Re: rotation sensor question

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but there is more information about the rotation sensor in the tinyvm-discussion archives, which you can find from lejos.sourceforge.net by clicking on mailing lists. The rotation sensor has trouble (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Robocup

Hi, I was just wondering, are there other people that read this newsgroup that are working on Robocup Jr.? for those of you who dont know what it is: (URL) working on the soccer challenge. (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Connectivity for Windows CE?

(...) There is also a Great program that can upload Firmware, compile NQC, control the Bots directly and send message codes. NQCEdit/RCXControl (URL) also FREE. Dean (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FW: Window CE Support for the Mindstorm Unit

I have found a new website: (URL) offer a program for windows ce, which can control Mindstorms and Cybermaster. (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Connectivity for Windows CE?

(...) I have found a new website: (URL) offer a program for windows ce, which can control Mindstorms and Cybermaster. (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  New windows ce program!

There is a new website for windows ce: (URL) offer a program for windows ce, which can control Mindstorms and Cybermaster. (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

(...) ultra-low (...) Would that really make sense? Since changing batteries destroys all memory, the program will not survive despite advance warning about the impending doom of battery low. In effect, changing the batteries is equivalent to the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

So in the original firmware, the system is shut down if ultra-low battery is detected. If we don't want tot do that, we could change the ">" in the 2nd compare to a "<" to get some hysteresis. Or would it be usefull to stop legOS and do a shut-down (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

(...) in (...) Statement should be right. It's same behavier found in original firmware: (URL) (battery power (cc5a) > 1a2c (6700 mV)) call ROM 1e4a (r6=301b) // clear battery low indicator else if (battery power (cc5a) > 189c (6300 mV)) call ROM (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  MIDI to NQC/RIS2.0 translator "Midi2LSC"

Hi, All ! I wrote a Windows 95/98/Me/2000 free software. This program named "Midi2Lsc" is SMF (Standard MIDI File) to LSC (LEGO Script Language of RIS2.0 SDK) and/or NQC translator. It is alpha test release status now. SMF format 0/1/2 support (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  lnp logical layer and collison detection

Hi, 1: does anybody know if the collision detection in the (LNP) logical layer relies on the LNP-packtstructure of is this kind of collison detection done without knowing the packetstructure of LNP ? 2: does anybody have simple routines to send and (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Creativity

Hi Jeff; I think play for its own sake is generally misunderstood. It seem if you are not making something immediatley useful then what you are doing has no value! The value lies in the benefits of pure play. It certainly relaxes me. I view play (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  How to get sensor's values from the opcodes

i'm trying to get the sensor's values using the opcodes. So i used this command to get it: sendCommand("420001"); //setting the sensor mode bash> b5 sendCommand("120900"); //getting the value bash> 00 // if the Touch's Sensor is released bash> 03 (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Creativity

Hi everyone, Someone asked me just the other day what good was playing with the Lego RCX. I quickly barked back that the RCX and NQC had taught me, a none programmer (well real world vs. Lego), a great deal about the essence of programming and the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Display the value of Scout sensors

Scout is cheaper, but when you debug NQC program in Scout, you have no way to watch the value of its sensors, I made a small program that can show sensors value in a RCX LCD, you can use remote to change watching sensor, message 1 for sensor1, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Makefile Design - Observation, and Query to Paolo Masetti

The latest CVS version of legOS adds explicit detection of CygWin 1.1 (and by extension 1.3) This did, however work anyway, with Cygwin 1.1 being detected alongside the older cygwins, due to a quirk in make's findstring - specifically, that: (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  smart remote programs for windows?

I saw some programs for a palm pilot that makes it a learning remote. They were used in the same way the Lego remote was: directly controlling the rcx. I was wondering if anyone had a link for the same thing for a pc/laptop... -Rob (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

(...) Do you mean that you have used the Lego Mindostorms IR tower through this adapter? If so, the Belkin USB dockstation might be worth looking at, as it also has a parallel port and 3 usb ports. I have had my eyes on this for some time, but was (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

I have successfully used a Belkin USB to Serial Adapter on my IBM laptop. Below is a link to the latest model: (URL) <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GGxsvH.Gw8@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

What about using my laptop's own infrared device (it has one).....???????? - Rob (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact