 Robotics / RCX / *4820 (-20)
  Good news (Bad Rcx of ir transmitter)

I have to share good news about my RCX and ir transmitter, I have tried just about every firmware that is available for download on the net. When using a tip from someone on the list I tried the Lego firmware 2.0 beta and got the ir transmitter anbd (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bad Rcx's or bad ir

(...) I hope you proved (somehow) that the problem is *not* with your serial port. Even if you have selected which COM port (or let it select automatically) there is the possibility the signal is not getting through. Does the green light in the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re[2]: Bad Rcx's or bad ir

Hi, maybe you are using a too-old battery in the tower? (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bad Rcx's or bad ir

Dan, I had the same problem with a newly purchased RCX - turned out to be the tower. I rang Lego support, they did some trouble-shooting and finally told me to take it back and get a replacement. I managed to change the whole set, so I can't say for (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Bad Rcx's or bad ir

I believe that i have a dead rcx, or a problem w/ the ir transmitter (doubtfull). I have a Lego Mindstorms Robotics Invention System 1.5, and have succesfully installed the firmware using the cd given along with the set. But when i try to download (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Version 1.2 of the NQCEditor & RCXControl Released! (For PocketPC MIPS & ARM)

Version 1.2 of the NQCEditor & RCXControl Released! This is the Rainer Keuchel Version. This is for the PocketPC PPC and HPC. MIPS and ARM supported! It's located here: (URL) features including the ability to download firmware, compile, download, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: problem with floating point numbers (legOS 0.2.5)

(...) Yes, the gcc version (2.96) which comes with RH 7.1 doesn't compile the things older versions used to do it. For example try to recompile kernel 2.2.5 and you'll see a strange error con checksum.S. As far as I know 2.96 is not a stable (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  May Dario Laverde's RCX java API work with RIS1.5 ?

hi, I am sure Dario Laverde's RCX java API is based on RIS1.0. But the currently sold RIS version is 1.5. I want to use Laverde's RCX java API to control the robot made of RIS1.5. Is it possible? Any response would be appreciated. Yang (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX Controlled Mobile Decoupler and Train Marshling Station

Thanks for a reader to tell me using VirtualDub.sourceforge.net to edit my video files, now you can download them at (URL) Marshling can marshal train, for example, the original train is 321L (car3+car2+car1+loco), after marshaling, train will (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Rotation Sensor

Ben, Thanks for the response. I was interested in the "Wait for Rotation". I was not able to duplicate your suggestion, but I learned a great deal trying. Robolab is a very interesting approach to programming. I am glad that I have your book to lean (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Rotation Sensor

Which command are you refering to? "Wait for Rotation" is positive-only I think, whereas "Angle Sensor Fork" and "Angle Container" can both deal with negatives. To make a "wait for" out of a fork, you would put a Jump in the branch of the fork that (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RCX Controlled Mobile Decoupler and Train Marshling Station

I have two avi files that are taken by LEGOCAM, but the files are too big (20M and 25M), Does anyone know if there are any freeware for editing avi file? I hope I can edit those big files. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Rotation Sensor

I am very new to Robolab. I have version 2.0 and I am wondering if the rotation sensor can be programmed to react to a negative number? It seems to ignore the negative sign and react to it as a positive. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RoboLab 2.x?

Is anyone aware of any planned or potential updates for RoboLab 2.0. It's a great piece of software but I feel that it could be so much more. Thanks, Ed Cox (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Liblnp bug found and squashed ?

This is no good: I'm beginning to talk to myself ;] This is a follow-up on my previous post, and (hopefully) an answer to problem number 3. 'Bit technical I'm afraid. I'M STILL STUCK ON THE OTHER PROBLEMS (as of tonight anyway it's 23:48 and I'm at (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Iteresting thread to work in progress on Porting NQC to PocketPC

(URL) it seems that the WinCE/PocketPC builds are not being updated. I find this hard to believe as the portable units make field programing a breeze! Dean -- Dean's Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.palm, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Squeak for RCX

Has anyone considered using Squeak to build a graphical RCX programmer app? (URL) wondering if it's possible and am not much of a programmer myself. -Suz (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Data-transfering RCX -> PC in LeJOS

I made a small communication package which might help you. See (URL) Kjærgaard "Roger Glassey" <glassey@ieor.berkeley.edu> wrote in message news:GD5Kxq.G6G@lugnet.com... | I hope you can solve your problem; I would be very interested in finding | (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Server-side Java -> RCX?

I have just put a software package for leJOS communication on my project website. (URL) the page you will find a small sample program consisting of a leJOS program and a JSP servlet. Both parts are using the communication package RCXCOMM. The (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Lego LED Lights for Debugging or Decoration

Hi. I manufacture several types of Lego brick incorporating LEDs. These are small 'lights' which can be attached to RCX motor outputs. Their colour can be set by the motor direction and their brightness can be set by the motor power. You can see (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact