 Robotics / RCX / *4065 (-20)
  VLL in legOS 0.2.6?

Why not add the VLL stuff to 0.2.6 release? The post of the Ben Jackson is in (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

And of course Paolo can take care of stuff too... I haven't heard from him in a while though either, so I have no idea how much time he has... Paolo? Out there? <waves> hi! ;) Luis (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

(...) Well, if we collect enough patches from folks then feel free to coordinate a release. It isn't like there are tons of bugs or new functionality floating around, but there were clearly a whole lot of niggling small bugs from 0.2.5, so maybe if (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

I would have no objections to taking over some the responsibilities, especially those related to releasing versions. It's what I do best, anyway. I'm sure there is someone more qualified with the administrator aspects, but if no one else volunteers, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LEGO remote and LNP (legOS 0.2.4)

Luis, I can do a quick HOWTO (though it'll only cover Linux) & post this patch. I think it'd be useful, anyway. It applies cleanly to 0.2.5 as well. Regards, ROSCO Luis Villa <liv@duke.edu> wrote in message news:Pine.GSO.4.10.1...uke.edu... (...) (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP and Lego Remote

Hi Paolo, I know this is a kind of old message, but I was just wondering what's happening in this direction? I'm currently using Chris Arquiza's patch (which works fine against 0.2.5) but wondering whether there's something new & improved around the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

Hey, all. I'm sorry I've been neglecting stuff (Stephen and Rossz, that mainly means you guys :| I've had a combination of a crud-load of work and some serious personal troubles to deal with. Unfortunately, I'll be mainly out of the loop until late (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

(...) Luis Villa is the person to grant access. I haven't seen him around recently. I'm sure he'll get back to you when he can. Rossz (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: advice for game of tag?

(...) The firmware knows what (and when) it has just sent, so it can distinguish between incoming and outcoming messages. (...) That's not exactly true. Infrared light travels at the speed of light (300000 km/s), so you can safely ignore delays. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

Tobias, 'multi-tasking' means that several tasks run simultaneously. For example, a robot arm could grab, lift and swivel, one after the other, as functions, or simultaneously, as tasks. Or, the RCX could play a tune and a walker could walk, one (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

(...) Did you define the sonsors correctly ? For example : #define BUTTON SENSOR_2 #define DETECT_LEFT SENSOR_1 #define DETECT_RIGHT SENSOR_3 #define MOTOR_LEFT OUT_A #define MOTOR_RIGHT OUT_C task main() { SetSensor(BUTTON, SENSOR_TOUCH); (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MST, 2nd

Hi, for those of you still interested: The new version of my MST-generator is now bug-free. See (URL) (ren to MST.nqc) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

I've downloaded NQC, and got it running. I have been able to make the motors run, to make them run backwards, then forward, etc. However... I can't get the sensor thing to work right. I want to make a program for a robot that backs up and turns when (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: advice for game of tag?

(...) Hi Rik, I am familiar with the idea of "Tag" but I don't understand what this means "to see each other". Normally, it would be enough that a bot sends a message as soon as it has hit the other. Another problem: why do you use random numbers in (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Jin Sato Book about Mibo

(...) Well, if you don't know japanese, this book is 30% readable because it have lot's of interesting pictures. The construction pictures were done in LDRAW. It would be great if it existed a version in English of this book. For a newcomer in the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Jin Sato Book about Mibo

Has anybody used the Jin Sato book about Mibo? I want to know how much "readable" it is. (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  bug fixes

Hi. I have been playing with legOS (the current version in CVS at sourceforge), and have found a few bugs in it. Several of these are filed at the sourceforge site, so I'm wondering what the protocol is for getting these fixed. I can submit patches (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LeJOS

(...) Thanks for the encouraging words, Brian. I've been following this forum (and learning Java) for several weeks now, and am about ready to install Lejos myself. You can expect some newbie posts from me shortly... (: Corey Snipes Boulder, CO, USA (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001

I have another problem with Visual NQC 2001. If I dump my firmware, the program will not recognize the brick. "Runtime Error '68' Unable to communicate with PBrick from method 22" Of course, I could not download the firmware. I hope we could get (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001

(...) I found that if I use the DOS names instead of Windows name, it works. Example C:\PROGRA~1\RSSOFT~1...~1\NQC.exe instead of C:\Program Files\RSsoftware\Visual NQC 2001\NQC.exe Marc Klein (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact