 Robotics / Palm Computing / 6
Re: BrickRemote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.palm
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 01:38:51 GMT

Robert,
sorry to hear the IR thing didn't work out. Many of us were looking forward
to seeing that work.
Your offer for the interface sounds great. I wouldn't be getting to it real
soon, but if you set up a web page with your ideas, members of this group
could go there and offer ideas and comments. That way when (and perhaps
if--no promises yet) I start coding, we would have something pretty stable
as far as the user interface goes. Actually it sounds pretty exciting as I
think about it more.

Working in black and white on a 160x160 screen is pretty challenging--good
luck.

I'm also interested in seeing what the Lego programming system for the Scout
will be like (the one coming out in a week or so).

Mike

p.s. Cutting the screws off the normal hot-sync cable doesn't keep it from
being usable in its normal way. When I first tested the system, what I
actually did was take the guts out of the tower which was simple, and then I
could attach the cable easily, with no modifications or adapters. Why did
Lego make the tower with that recessed connector? :(