 Robotics / NXT / 946 (-20)
  Re: The Future of Trains

In lugnet.lego, Scott Wardlaw wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Has anyone adapted two NXT units to drive a train yet? One NXT as a controller talks bluetooth to the other NXT that drives the train. The NXT that drives the train could be either attached to (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  eZCIRCUITS #2 Is Available

Hi All, I've just posted another eZCIRCUITS to my blog (URL). This application will show how to build a Bumper Sensor-Switch with the help of the LEGO NXT for mobile robots and mechatronics platforms. Enjoy!!! Don W. (17 years ago, 22-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: New pbLua Beta13o - Now with FLASH Writing!

(...) Hi Ralph, WOW, great work!!! It works perfectly... Some additional notes and documentation about storing Lua programs at flash memory is available at: (URL) for your excellent support Christian (17 years ago, 20-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Any Good Fan Instructions Using Only One NXT Set?

(...) Thanks Matthias. That's just the kind of thread I was looking for. -Paul (17 years ago, 20-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Any Good Fan Instructions Using Only One NXT Set?

(...) Yes, this helps a lot. I'll definitely check out your book when it comes out. Thanks! -Paul (17 years ago, 20-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT's in Series

(...) Here's one way: Use NXC or NBC. Pair a secondary NXT to a the primary NXT on connection 1 using the menu system on the primary NXT. Control the outputs on the secondary NXT using RemoteSetOutputState in a program running on the primary NXT. (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Any Good Fan Instructions Using Only One NXT Set?

Paul, have a look here: (URL) Matthias Zitat von "Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net>: (...) ---...--- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Any Good Fan Instructions Using Only One NXT Set?

(...) Hi Paul, This website has some free building instructions for robots that can be built from the pieces in one NXT set: (URL) new book has some building instructions for robots that can also be built from the pieces in one NXT set: (URL) my new (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: step-by-step tutorial leJOS and Eclipse

(...) I tried it and it was painless. I made a typo in entering the "Path" field which took a while to figure out; otherwise it worked like a charm. Overall score: very good / satisfied. Please don't take the following as criticism -- you asked for (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Any Good Fan Instructions Using Only One NXT Set?

Any good books or fansites out there with instructions for neat stuff you can make with just the parts in one Mindstorms NXT set? Thanks! (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: step-by-step tutorial leJOS and Eclipse

Christoph, That's great! I've posted an according entry to THE NXT STEP blog: (URL) Matthias Zitat von Christoph Bartneck <christoph@bartneck.de>: (...) ---...--- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. (17 years ago, 18-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  step-by-step tutorial leJOS and Eclipse

Hello, We created step-by-step instructions on how to install and run Java on your LEGO Mindstorms NXT using leJOS and Eclipse: (URL) hope that his is helpful to you and maybe you can even report back possible improvements. Enjoy, Christoph (17 years ago, 18-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

(...) Granted, meshing gears is awful. You have to place the gears on axles with space between them, rotate one with hinge tool until they could match, then move the rotated gear and axle in meshing position. And trying to modify a gear ration in an (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: New pbLua Beta13o - Now with FLASH Writing!

(...) Normally we should start our 2007/2008 robot projects this Fall. PbLua definitely is on the list of being tested. (17 years ago, 13-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: New pbLua Beta13o - Now with FLASH Writing!

(...) Claude, thanks for the encouragement. I remember exchanging notes with you on pbForth, and I'll bet your students are as bright as ever. If you have a spare NXT and a motivated student it would be really interesting to see what they think :-) (...) (17 years ago, 12-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: New pbLua Beta13o - Now with FLASH Writing!

(...) Way cool ! Exciting ! (17 years ago, 12-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  New pbLua Beta13o - Now with FLASH Writing!

All of you that have been helping to test pbLua.... I have released another Beta of pbLua - and it's got FLASH writing (and reading) goodness in it. (URL) It does not yet have the ability to boot from a string in FLASH but it's very close. The (...) (17 years ago, 12-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ultrasonic Sensor iS "Slow"

(...) The 15 ms that John reported is the time it takes for a sound pulse to travel 500 mm, the round trip distance at the maximum advertised range of the US sensor. An interesting coincidence? Roger Glassey (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Ultrasonic Sensor iS "Slow"

Original Thread title was "Re: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction / I2C Messaging Speed". I've renamed as worth a separate thread. (...) You're right!! If you poll the sensor too fast, it definitely reports wrong distances. I'm doing some (...) (17 years ago, 7-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: NXT-G/ROBOTC Firmware Scheduler and Clump Priority

Holy cow! This is fun to read... I wish I have the time to further discuss this regarding the events handling with nxt. Follow up later. Thanks for such detailed info. --Elizabeth -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com (...) (17 years ago, 7-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact