 Robotics / NXT / 886 (-20)
  RE: mindstorms sdk

John, I regret to admit that, between work and this, 16 hrs a day and 7 days a week, I got so frustrated that files were deleted... I won't have time to reproduce it until next weekend. To put it shortly.... nxc_guide.pdf .. 3.13.3.... (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: mindstorms sdk

(...) Unfortunately, I have verified beyond any possible doubt that the comm module offsets in NBCCommon.h (as well as the offsets for all the other modules) are correct. I had really hoped that there was a bug here. What I did to verify the values (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: mindstorms sdk

(...) I think you might very well be right since some things just don't seem to work right for some folks who have tried that particular IOMap. But I haven't been able to find where it is off yet. Which offset were you trying to use? You need to (...) (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  mindstorms sdk

Would someone tell me the link to the sdk site where I can find the proper iomap . the one in the nxc guide.pdf seems to be off somewhere. we were playing with the comm. Module map,. the offset is off!!! Elizabeth (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua Beta 13c Sumo program

(...) That's a great idea. My kids worked on an RCX based sumo bot last year in school, and just last week they were asking about using the NXT and the new motors. Maybe it's time to build a robot instead of write software all the time :-) (...) 1. (...) (17 years ago, 19-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua Beta 13c Sumo program

I posted earlier about my first impressions of pbLua Beta 13c and some things I couldn't figure out, mainly having to do with numbers. Ralph Hempel promptly replied and some of the concepts are a bit over my head so I decided I should just plow (...) (17 years ago, 19-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT R/C Car Drifting (NXT GT)

(...) !!! Great !!! -- alf (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: File Error - what does it exactly mean?

(...) Well, I try to allocate all memory available for one big array and then deal with it using my own memory manager with C-like calls of malloc and free. It works fine, but I'd need to know how big this one array I can make while the program (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: File Error - what does it exactly mean?

(...) You've got 32k to work with for all variables of all types, including user-defined types and arrays. Every time you manipulate an array you use up more memory due to copying taking place in the VM. If you shared with me some information about (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: File Error - what does it exactly mean?

(...) But I am getting it when trying to allocate an array that is larger than the amount of heap available. And it seems there is no way of checking how much space remains free, so I have no way of preventing this File Error! from happening if I (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT R/C Car Drifting (NXT GT)

(...) You might try the wheels of these vehicles: (2 URLs) are made from hard plastic. Congratulations for your work! Philo (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT R/C Car Drifting (NXT GT)

Hi, I just uploaded a video of a NXT Bluetooth R/C Car which is called "NXT GT". I've found many NXT based cars (includes R/C or non R/C) and a uniquie point of NXT GT is that we succeeded to make the NXT GT Drifting! (URL) The trick of NXT GT (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  robotc documentation

While I'm waiting a login to the RobotC forum, I wonder if anyone knows where I can find documentation. I looked at the robotc forum. One developer said software guide will be ready not at a cost "up to the Sensing part"?? What does that mean (...) (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mobile Phone for pbLua Development

(...) I finally loaded pbLua into a brick and tested it with PocketPuTTY, my normal SSH client and it works great! It comes with a BSD license so is free to use. (URL) I am using PocketPuTTY 2007-02-28 dev build for WM2003. This version added serial (...) (17 years ago, 13-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  NXTAssembler 1.0 Alpha 4 and site

Hi, I have released the Alpha 4 of NXTAssemlber project. It contains a bugs fix and a new feature. I hope that this version can be used because is near to the first beta version (I suppose two or one alpha version after this) And I have published (...) (17 years ago, 12-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  FW: RotateMotorEx hangs

Thank you to both John and Roger, I'll try it out later next week. --Elizabeth -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of John Hansen Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 6:20 PM To: (...) (17 years ago, 9-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mobile Phone for pbLua Development

(...) I'm not sure what operating system is on your Treo, but I am running vxHpc on my Dell Axim which runs Windows Mobile 5. Details on vxHpc are at (URL) and screen shots of my setup are at (URL) It really is nice to be able to program from a PDA. (...) (17 years ago, 9-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: RotateMotorEx hangs

(...) <snipped> The RotateMotor call is designed to block. If you don't want to block then you can write code almost exactly like what Roger wrote in Java using other NXC API calls. Like so: #define UF_TLSM UF_UPDATE_TACHO_LIMI...PDATE_MODE #define (...) (17 years ago, 8-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: RotateMotorEx hangs

(...) Hi Elizabeth: Here is how you could do it in Java: LightSensor eye = new LightSensor(SensorPort.S1); Motor.A.setSpeed(720); // 2 revolutions per second LCD.drawString("wait for dark",0,0); LCD.refresh(): Motor.A.rotate(3600,true); //rotate 10 (...) (17 years ago, 8-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mobile Phone for pbLua Development

(...) This is so cool that I want to find a terminal emulator for my Treo 650! Does anyone know of a free one I can use, or shareware that works well enough to pay for it? Cheers, Ralph (17 years ago, 7-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact