 Robotics / NXT / 586 (-20)
  pbLua Beta 3 - Available

All, pbLua beta 3 is available now at: (URL) This new version has the bug in the regulation fixed, and the default motor mode is brake, not float. I've also updated the API docs to correct errors (there are probably more) and added an install doc (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: pbLua Fun at OSX

(...) Finally, I did something right - by accident! Christian, could I ask you to please send me (off list if you like) some screen shots of what happens when you connect the NXT? I can't remember if I sent you Mac instructions, but you just look (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua Fun at OSX

Hello World, pbLua-Beta2 is out and 90% of my wishes are true now :D Running pbLua with OSX worked out of the box... 1. Flashing NXT and reboot the box once 2. checking for new NXT-Device (ls -la /dev/tty.usb*) 3. connecting with screen to NXT (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Adding syscalls/opcodes to NXT-G

(...) Can you flesh this out a bit? What do you have in mind when you say "create from it a new program clump"? The current version of the firmware limits the size of this buffer to 64 bytes. I increased that limit in my recent changes to be 800 (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Adding syscalls/opcodes to NXT-G

One of the biggest problems with extending the current FW is that the NI compiler for NXT-G/NXTToolkit is not so flexible. In particular, one can't add new syscalls. Here's a suggestion I would be happy to hear your ideas on - the NXT-G compiler has (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  new NXT mailinglist established

Hello! A new NXT mailinglist is established. Because there are no german mailinglists until now, this mailinglist is for german speaking (not necessary native) people around the world. You need an (free) yahoo account to participate! (URL) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

... (...) Hi John, I just tried to load it and just tested the "Try-me" light sensor. It worked fine. Not so much help, but I can try some more another day. Good work. Rasmus (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Battery Level NXT-G Block

I've posted a new NXT-G Block that reads the battery level from the UI module IOMAP. Can also be used as a sensor block to detect low power conditions. Details and download: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Last call for my New York City NXT Meet-Up

I have the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT ROBOTICS SET and since I'm so "into it", my father and I were thinking we could start up a Lego MindStorms NXT Meet up group/club in New York City where we could meet once a month (or every other month), build, (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Detecting stall and slip conditions in NXT-G

I published a new "sensor" NXT-G Block that monitors that actual power sent to the NXT servos. This is useful to detected both stall conditions as well as the move challenging slip conditions. Full description and download are here: (URL) Ziv (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  MinMax NXT-G Block

I've published a small NXT-G block that allows to find the minimal and maximal value of a varying input. Description and download are here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) I would have liked to have one permanently, but it seems a little steep. Last summer I got a limited edition (32KB or something) along with the an AT91 evaluation board. (...) Perhaps Section 5.1 is useful: (URL) I just tried to post but it (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) It actually was not a very big deal. I was familiar with the firmware source code since I had looked at it quite a bit since it was released, trying to figure out how to get it to compile with GCC. All the RIC bug fixes were things I figured (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) <snipped description> Holy crap John! You've been really busy! For anyone poking around in this forum, I can say that what John has done is pretty significant. I have written my own firmware for the brick so I know how much work must have gone (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Enhanced standard NXT firmware

Over the past couple days I have used the IAR Embedded Workbench to implement some enhancements and bug fixes for the standard NXT firmware. The bug fixes are as follows: 1. RIC drawing code incorrectly checked the size of the OP_LINE structure for (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and baseball

(...) Although a robot pitcher and robot hitter would be very very kewl, just a robot pitcher and wireless remote control hitter would be very kewl. Like those old baseball machines at the beach. One would have to anticipate the lag and the speed of (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and baseball

(...) Unfortunately the ultrasonic sensor can't even detect the red and blue balls when stationary. (Unless you're REAL close: within an inch or two.) Their surface doesn't reflect much sound (perhaps something to do with the index of refraction), (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  re: Baseball

(...) Yes, that could work. We just need someone to design a "standard" pitching machine that can toss balls a foot or two. Then, we need a "regulation" bat size. We could do the whole base-ball, but I doubt very many people could field a whole (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and baseball

(...) Ok, thinking out loud now: Well, what about a home run derby or the like? Maybe a machine that pitches and a machine that hits... We could use those red and blue spheres that come with the nxt... Would ultrasonic sensor work for detecting the (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NeXT-A-Sketch - My second program/first Dave-built NXT 'bot(ish...)

(...) Or do what I did. Change the program so you only have to tap the button to clear the screen so you can easily reset it while shaking upside down. (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact