 Robotics / NXT / 285
  Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

Is it possible to connect BT devices to an NXT without using a passkey? The device I'm trying to use (a Nintendo Wii remote) doesn't use passkeys, AFAIK, since when I connect it to my PC I skip the pairing process. (17 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

In article <JAynn0.90L@lugnet.com>, Jordan Bradford <jordan_bradfordREMO VE_THIS_SPAM_THINGY@...tmail.com> writes (...) I have not tried this, but I would expect it to work. (...) Alas, this will not work. Bluetooth is just a means of carrying (...) (17 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

(...) Thanks for the good info -- I had forgotten that BT allows for so many services. Mindsensors' Playstation 2 controller interface must be converting the "human interface" signals into serial port messages. Now that the official firmware can be (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  RE: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

LEGO released the open source firmware for the ARM CPU. They did not release the firmware source for the BT module which is proprietary code developed by the BT module/hardware manufacturer (CSR) CSR's BT module is a "Bluecore V2.0" version. The (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

In article <025201c73045$8574a7...kdesktop>, Dick Swan <dickswan@sbcglobal.net> writes (...) This is true. (...) The pre-approved Bluetooth low level stack is proprietary to CSR. The code that runs in CSR's Virtual Machine to implement the serial (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)