 Robotics / NXT / 175
Re: NXT Ultrasonic reporting wrong values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 15:17:41 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
A just get my NXT, and everything works fine, but the ultrasonic sensor is
not
reporting correct values. No matter what distance or direction it is
pointed,
the readings changes quickly from 1 to 3 inches (3 to 7 cm) even if the
sensor
is completely stopped. This readings are from view mode of the NXT
display. I
did already try: Indors, outdors, Light and dark rooms, change the cable,
the
ports, etc.

Is this sensor mounted on a robot?  Make sure you don't have anything
anywhere in front of the robot.

Steve

No, is not. I am in "desperate mode", so, by now I am using only the NXT brick
and the US, and trying to figure out more information about this condition...

I realize now that the black grid in front of the right "eye" of the sensor is
turned about 30', since the other one is perfected aligned. I dont know if it is
decorative only, or may indicate that this sensor component is misplaced, or
something like this.

Any tips would be very appreciated.