 Robotics / NXT / 174
Re: NXT Ultrasonic reporting wrong values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 14:49:47 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Patrick J. Levy wrote:

No matter what distance or direction it is pointed,
the readings changes quickly from 1 to 3 inches (3
to 7 cm) even if the sensor is completely stopped.

I'm not sure what you mean by "completely stopped" - stationary? I suppose it's
possible that you actually have a bad US sensor. If you can find someone with a
working one, try swapping sensors with them and see if the problem is isolated
to the US sensor itself. I have managed to break one, actually (broke a wire in
a beta unit), but that problem was addressed. This does sound similar.

Yes, "stationary" is the correct word...

The problem that i bought this one in UK, but i live in Brazil. No one here have
this set (Actualy, i don´t know anybody who plays with LEGO mindstorms also...)

With BrickxCC watching this sensor I get values changing quickly (pooling at 100
ms) from 983 (min) to 998 (max)

I already contacted Lego support, but no answer until now, I guess i will have
no support for this here in brazil...

If everthing else dosesent work, do you think if is possible to open the sensor
unit, without breaking any part? Any tips?

Thanks

Patrick