 Robotics / 26493
Re: NXT Ultrasonic reporting wrong values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 15:46:39 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Patrick J. Levy wrote:
A just get my NXT, and everything works fine, but the ultrasonic sensor is not
reporting correct values. No matter what distance or direction it is pointed,
the readings changes quickly from 1 to 3 inches (3 to 7 cm) even if the sensor
is completely stopped. This readings are from view mode of the NXT display. I
did already try: Indors, outdors, Light and dark rooms, change the cable, the
ports, etc.

If anybody experienced this weird behaviour, please let me know...

TIA

Patrick Levy

What I discover just now: If I press the light gray conector case behind the
sensor case with my nail, it will report the correct values!! but when I
release, it stop working again. It seems to be a bad contact inside the sensor.
How can I fix it?

Patrick